Status updates are clearing/disappearing

The status bubble at the top right of a project seems to be clearing and prompting back to the “set status” state after a couple of months. The status and status history is still visible in the Progress tab, but the bubble shows as blank instead of green/yellow/red even if the project has been assigned a status. My team uses these as a quick reference to the status of a project (trip), so having them clear after a couple of months is a serious inconvenience and it is a hassle to track down these “expired” statuses and reassign them. Is there any way to keep this from happening and simply have the status permanent once assigned unless it is changed?

1 Like

Hi @anon67097078, welcome to the Forum, and I’m sorry to hear that you are running into issues. The last update added should remain in the project until a new update is added. Would you be so kind as to reach out to our Support Team directly? They will have more tools to investigate this issue further.

Please include in your message:

• The link to this thread, so you don’t have to repeat everything;
  • A screenshot of the Status Update page, showing the entire window, including the URL bar

Also, please confirm if this issue is affecting other projects in your Organization or only a particular one.

I hope this helps, Amanda! :slight_smile:

Thank you Vanessa, I have put in a ticket.

1 Like

Hi Asana, I am having this exact same issue right now. I prefer if I didn’t share a screenshot due to privacy here, but could not find your support email anywhere.

Status bubble is clear (instead of green/yellow/red), but like Amanda says above, the status history is still visible in the Progress tab.

1 Like

Vanessa, we are having the same problem. Is this still a matter of dealing with Asana Support? Please advise.

1 Like

Still having this issue. I will send a ticket.

1 Like

Hi @Dan_Postma, sorry for the delay! Our Product Team has now confirmed that this is not a bug, and that the “Set Status” bubble is no longer available within the project header. You will need to access the Progress Tab in order set the status of the project!