start date of "1/1/1970" being added to single-day tasks in Timeline view

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
when viewing a project’s timeline, sorted by Assignee, dragging around a task with a specified due date, but no specified start date will add a start date of January 1, 1970. this totally messes up the view and is very frustrating to work around, but it doesn’t appear to happen when the timeline is sorted by any of the other means. this appears to happen in any project
Steps to reproduce:
1.create a task with a due date
2.go to timeline view, and sort by assignee
3.move it forwards by a day. the start date is now changed to 1/1/1970, and the color block changes size. moving it again makes it expand to the full timespan, messing up the timeline view.
Browser version:
Chrome Version 77.0.3865.75
Upload screenshots below:

!
timeline_afterBugOccurs|690x191!
aftermath|690x122!

Welcome to the Forum @Ben_Parnas and thank you for taking time to report this.

I’m also able to reproduce this on my end, so I’ve gone ahead and file a Bug for the Development Team to investigate this. I’ll get back to you as soon as I have an update!

Thank you again for reporting this!

For your personal culture, here is why this is January 1st 1970 programming languages - Why are dates calculated from January 1st, 1970? - Stack Overflow :slight_smile:

haha, yeah - the second I saw it, I was quite sure it wasn’t an error on my end :smirk:

That’s great! thanks for filing it so quickly :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @Ben_Parnas :wave:

Quick update to let you know our Development Team has pushed a fix for this bug! Would you mind checking to confirm if the issue is resolved on your end?

Looking forward to your reply! Thank you for your help!

Hey Natalia,

Yep, things are working as expected now!

Happy to help - Ben

1 Like