Opening a task in timeline mode automatically defaults to present day

We have a project which overviews the timeline for all jobs within the company. On the timeline there are tasks which host the jobs due for each person. Clicking on any one task defaults the view back to the present day which is a new feature and we think a bug, because it makes discussion of forward looking work (and overdue work) difficult.

Hi @Chris54, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:

I have tested this on my end but haven’t been able to reproduce. Could you please try these troubleshooting steps, specifically clearing the cache, and let me know if any of these resolve the issue?

If not, is this issue happening for your whole team, or just you and what browser/version are you working off?

Looking forward to hearing back from you :slight_smile:

@Rebecca_McGrath, thank you for the reply. I have tried all the troubleshooting bugs and the issue remains the same. I am using Google Chrome and have just downloaded Firefox which shows the same issue. My other colleagues have the same problem. Could the project we are using have just got too big?

@Rebecca_McGrath have just started a new timeline to see if that resolves the issue and it doesn’t seem to, so perhaps it is not due to project size.

Hi @Chris54, thanks for following up. I wouldn’t think this is related to project size, thanks for testing this by creating a new project!

The best course of action here is to contact our Support team with a screencast of the issue in action so that they can look into this further. You can provide them with the URL link to this thread so you don’t have to explain the issue again.

You can contact our Support team by following these steps: How to contact our Support Team ✉

This certainly is strange behaviour, Chris! I hope we get to the bottom of it soon for you and your Team! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.