Standard fields (due date, assignee, completed on, etc.) DISAPPEARED from Customize Menu on ALL projects in every client account (and my account)

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
Standard fields (due date, assignee, completed on, etc.) DISAPPEARED from Customize Menu on ALL projects in every client account (and my account)

Steps to reproduce:
Open ANY project and open the customize menu. The fields for due date, assignee, completed on, and all other standard fields are gone. Can’t be toggled. Can’t be rearranged. Just gone. Custom fields are there, but not standard fields.

Browser version:
Version 110.0.5481.78 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Upload screenshots below:

I had a big bug as well today, with task templates not having any name. I raised it through someone at Asana, they fixed it, I refreshed the app and it was fixed. It seems so big the release might have raised flags. Can you try to refresh now? :thinking:

1 Like

@Bryan_TeamKickstart,

They were moved to the Show fields menu in your screenshot last header line to the left.

See also:

Larry

3 Likes

@lpb - thanks for spotting that. Seems like maybe they should adjust the UI to make it clear that the only fields that will actually be listed on the right will be Custom fields.

Anyway, we’ll all get used to the change. But, I feel like it’d also help users if…
1: if they changed the fields count in the customize menu to say something like “+2”, meaning the number of custom fields, instead of the total number of fields, since they aren’t all displayed there… and
2: if there were a prompt that said something like "Looking for the standard fields? They’ve MOVED to the left side, under “Show fields”.

2 Likes

@Bryan_TeamKickstart,

My request at In Customize, don't include basic metadata fields in count of fields; rename Fields to Custom Fields already did recommend adding “Custom” as you mentioned, but only counting custom fields there.

Your visual design skills are impeccable :slight_smile: Seriously, some (temporary, at least) help text would be nice.

Thanks,

Larry

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback folks, i’ve raised the issue with our team and will keep you posted on In Customize, don't include basic metadata fields in count of fields; rename Fields to Custom Fields. I’m closing out this thread to avoid duplicating the conversation; sorry for the confusion here!

1 Like