Sorting by due date incorrectly handles tasks with due times (Board view).

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing: Sorting by due date incorrectly handles tasks with due times (Board view)

Steps to reproduce: Create separate tasks for today at 12pm, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm, 4pm, and so on.

Expected Behavior: When sorting by due date in Board view, the cards appear in order of due time.

Actual Behavior: Cards are arbitrarily ordered.

Browser version: Chrome

What version of Asana are you using (Basic/Premium/Business/Enterprise)? Basic

Hi @n0avd, welcome to our Community Forum, and sorry for the trouble. I can’t seem to be able to replicate this issue on my end. The tasks are sorted in the correct due time order. Can you check if there’s any other sorting in place? Does the issue persist in an incognito window?

Hi, please see below for screenshots demonstrating this issue. The sort is a simple ascending sort by due date. This is reproducible on a clean/incognito browser.

Sort order here:

Hi @n0avd, thanks for confirming that the issue persists in incognito and that there’s no other sorting in place. Can you also confirm if this issue is specific to one project, or if it’s happening to other board projects?

Once I have this additional information I’ll escalate the case to our Developers.

Hello, I can reproduce the issue in any project (as well as in My Tasks view).

Thanks for confirming, @n0avd. I still cannot replicate this on my end, but I’ll escalate it to our Developers for further investigation. Because we cannot replicate this, we will need to understand if it’s something specific to your account, so I’ll need reach out to you via email, if you don’t mind. Can you confirm if your Asana email address is the same one you use here in the forum?

Yes the email is the same. Thank you.

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll close this topic for now since we’ll follow up with you via email :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.