Sort Tasks by "Last Comment Date"

Please may you add in the task list of a project the column “last comment” with the last comment date?
Maybe really useful to order task by “Last Comment Date”.

Thanks

1 Like

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us @Riccardo_Mares!

I have slightly modified your title so it reflects your feedback better and is more discoverable to other users; hope that’s ok!

Have a great Wednesday!

Thanks very good. I hope Asana will take the same care to plan this task :wink:

Hi Asana, have you got some news about it? I think it’s a very easy update to do for your programmers!
2019-09-19%2010_10_23

Please help us adding some news sort fields:

• by task creation date
  • by last description edit date
  • by last comment

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Riccardo_Mares!:wave: I don’t have any update to share yet but I’ll make sure to share it in this thread as soon as I do!

Have a great Thursday!

Thanks Natalia.
I read and I wrote a lot of UX suggestion in this years, but it seems you didn’t care about it.
Many features are really important for me (and I think for other customers of you).

I fear I’ll need to check other products of task management :frowning:

2 Likes

Or Last Activity.

I want to review what tasks a user has been updating. most recently.

It would also be helpful if each task would have a dot notation to indicate recent activity that I have not seen.

4 Likes

This is a very important feature, boards that have 100s of tasks, it’s hard to figure out which one needs reply without going down one by one.

2 Likes

@Patrick_Xie,

Not to downplay the request, but the typical model would be to use Inbox Notifications to see those comments needing reply (assumes you’re a Collaborator or Assignee).

And a workaround until/if this feature is implemented is to use Advanced Search (with a paid account) to find, say all tasks in the project in question, sorted by Last Modified date.

Hope that helps,

Larry

This is NOT the RIGHT answer.
What We would like to see is, tasks, where only new comments have been added.
Instead what we see is, by LAST MODIFIED DATE, is all tasks with updates to folder changes, title changes, field changes, due date changes, apart from new comments added tasks also.
This is NOT what we want. We want to see, where ONLY NEW COMMENTS have been added, and EXCLUDING all other changes.
It is very important feature, we want in ASANA
This request has been pending since months, and still there is NO ACTION from ASANA

Could be great to have this “by last modified” inside project list as well.

Unfortunately, it seems to be a losing war with Asana: every proposal made is not listened to.

We hear you @Riccardo_Mares and rest ensured that we’re keeping a close eye on this thread. While I unfortunately don’t have a timeline to share of when this will be available, I do want you to know how much we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us to help us better fit your needs! You can also learn more about how we manage feedback here: **Read me first** How you can give feedback and what we do next

This is an important request and something that Trello and Jira do well. On a list or Kanban view, it would be great to see the tasks with unread comments. In short, if I’m managing dozens to hundreds of complex tasks, it isn’t very useful to operate from the Inbox. That’s like operating from an email inbox - an old an outdated operational model.

Instead of looking at an inbox where essentially all unread items have equal value and are sorted chronologically, I want to be able to see what I haven’t read based on statuses and priorities or other field values. If I’ve got limited time, I don’t want to read comment updates in low priority items that were not even working on yet. I want to see comments on the high priority tasks and I don’t want to have to set up some search for those items to do it.

We just shifted from Trello to Asana. We’re still getting set up in Asana, but frankly this seemingly small issue is almost big enough to make me want to move back or to another platform that will help me as a project manager actually manage our projects.

3 Likes

Just wanted to place my vote that I also would love this feature. Exactly like the others say, it would be super helpful for longer task lists. I’m working on one right now, the “last modified” is not useful because it sweeps in even the most minor task adjustments. What really matters is when someone comments on it. Eager to hear any workarounds that people have thought of.

1 Like

I have been looking at all the help docs assuming there must be a way to do this. I can’t believe it’s been asked for years ago and I still can’t find a way to do this.

I really need to be able to see the most recent comment on the row with each task in the “list” view. This is critical to me.

As a matter of fact, I have been working on moving over from Clickup.
BUT, now that I just learned that I can’t do this, I may not be able to change over to Asana. :frowning:

I see that the OP asked for the last comment date in the task’s row. I would like to see the actual text of the last comment. If you want an example, try out Clickup and see how that works with displaying the “latest comment”. That’s exactly what I need.

It’s been 4 years since the OP, so I don’t know that Asana is looking into this. ?
thanks,
cynthia

As many have stated - this is a SUPER useful feature. For as long as been asked for - I hope Asana will take it into consideration.

I can’t get my Asana to show the new meta fields like “Last Modified On” - Why is this?

Welcome, @Mike_Babbar,

Are you trying to sort by that field? Have you tried:

If you’re just trying to show the field, try the Hide menu next to Sort.

Thanks,

Larry

1 Like