✨ Smart Projects: Quick Project Setup Using AI

Starting a new project can be tricky, especially when you want to make sure everything is set up just right. But what if Asana could help you brainstorm and organize your project?

:sparkles:Smart Project is part of Asana’s new AI tools designed to help you be more productive and let your team focus on the important tasks, without spending hours setting up a project.

How does it work?

1. Create a new project
  2. Select blank project
  3. Enter the title of your project
  4. Select :sparkles: “Set up project with Asana Intelligence” - Set up
  5. Let Asana AI do the rest

What Smart Projects will do:

On the right side of the screen, you will see a suggestion with:

• Custom Sections: Suggests sections that fit your project needs.
  • Custom Fields: Recommends fields for tracking important information.

If you’re not happy with the initial setup, you can tweak the project title and description to give the AI more details, then click on :repeat: Retry. This helps Asana give you a more tailored project structure.

When you’re satisfied with the setup, click Create Project.

Key Benefits:

1. Easy Setup: The process is straightforward and user-friendly.
  2. Saves Time: Quickly get ideas for your project layout, saving you a lot of time.
  3. Relevant Suggestions: The sections and fields proposed are practical and useful.

Things to Keep in Mind:

1. Field Selection: The custom fields suggested might not match the existing field library, which can affect consistency.
  2. Advanced Fields: Some important field types like Formula, ID, and People fields might be missing. For instance, “Stakeholders” might be suggested as a text field instead of a people field.

My tips and thoughts:

• Provide Context: Start with a simple project description and refine it to get the best structure.
  • Try specific instructions. Customizations could work (ex: “Add emojis at the start of every section”), but not everything is yet handled (ex: “Show the task creation date” or “Add time tracking”).
  • Give Feedback: Share your feedback with Asana for every Smart Project generated. You can rate the suggestions with a :+1: or :-1:.

Availability:

:gear: Available on legacy Asana plans (Premium, Business and Enterprise) and on current Asana plans (Starter, Advanced, Enterprise, and Enterprise+).

:bulb: To start using Asana AI, enable the AI features in your admin console. Once activated, you can customize AI preferences and manage deadlines more effectively.

Have you tested it yet? What do you think?

7 Likes

Hi! Thank you for this information. I am not sure where my admin console is to turn this on? Is this something found at the user level or just for the person who manages our organization’s account? Thank you in advance!

Welcome, @Luisa_Barone_Gantt,

Only your designated Asana Admins or Super Admin can reach the Admin Console. You can see who your admins are by clicking your profile image/initials in the top right corner of any Asana page then choosing About my Organization and I think Billing or one of the sidebar tab choices.

Thanks,

Larry