Show Project Label on "My Tasks" View

On the “My Tasks” View, there is no way to quickly see what project a task is for within the default sorting mechanism. You have to click in the task to see the project, which is not efficient.

Would LOVE to see a project column or tag on each task within “My Task” so I could easily see which project a task is for. This would be extremely helpful for templated projects with the exact same tasks. My current workaround is having to label duplicated tasks with the name of the project, which takes a lot of time.

1 Like

Hi Mandy, I’m able to see a preview of the name of the Project that each task is in. It’s in a grey “bubble” near the right side of the task.

Are you not able to see that?

Screenshot:

1 Like

Oh, I guess I do have those (whoops). But they’re not very helpful because you can’t read the whole thing - only the first so many characters. Would be way more helpful if it could be a custom field like on projects.

1 Like

My labels are not showing up and I’m not sure how to fix this. Only one project has a label that is showing.

In the “My Task” view, the “Project” is not shown on entries that are “sub tasks”. Which is a problem because it won’t allow you to sort “my tasks” by “project”, all sub-tasks sort under “No Project”

But, When I apply the project label to the sub task in the “my tasks” view it automatically duplicates this as a main task within the project. And it appears at the top unsorted / not within the sections already organized in the project. How can I fix this?

@Jackie_DiCiacco,

That’s actually the expected behavior. You might want to create in the project a “Hidden Subtasks” section at the bottom and keep it collapsed. Then you can use it to get such multi-homed subtasks out of the project’s top-level tasks. You can do that in the task detail pane task-by-task or by multi-selecting tasks like this:

Larry