Sharing Projects To Other Departments without New Seats

I’m wondering if there’s a way to share projects to members in your organization without having to include them in your seat count.

Right now, only the Marketing Department at my company is using Asana. However, some of these projects we’d like to share “view only” to senior members in other departments so they can see the status of our marketing projects as needed. None of these members will actually do anything in Asana, but since they have the same email domain, I have to add them to my seat count in order for them to view a project.

They can’t be “Guests” since they have the same domain & “Workspaces” doesn’t seem to be the answer either, unless I’m missing how you can share an Organization Project with a specific Workspace.

Is there anyway to let people in the same organization view your projects WITHOUT them getting a seat? We’ve already had to increase our seat count twice in the last few months as more & more people request to see projects - yet they sit there & don’t do anything with Asana.

Thanks!

Welcome to the Community Forum @Nicole_Gates :slight_smile:

You are right, if your colleagues share the same email domain than you, they will automatically count toward your Premium plan. right, if your colleagues share the same email domain than you, they will automatically count toward your Premium plan. The only workaround to add your colleagues for free if they share your domain is to add them with their personal email address.

By definition, a Guest in Asana is someone that uses a different domain than yours (https://asana.com/guide/help/faq/common-questions#gl-guests), so if they have their own email, no worries you can add them for free.

Hope this makes sense; let me know if you have any follow up questions, I’ll be happy to clear any doubt you might have!

Hello Emily,

Is this something that Asana plans to address? Asking people in the same organization to use their personal emails in order to have “view only” modes to certain projects without getting a seat clearly is not the right solution, especially for us that work in the federal government and are using Asana within our department. I work for the External Affairs Department of a Fed Agency and we are finding we have a growing need to share “view only” modes of certain projects with colleagues from other departments. Adding more and more seats to our account is not a solution top leadership is going to approve.

Thank you.

1 Like