Sharing a "Section" with someone

Wondering if anyone has a suggestion on how to share a “Section” rather than a specific task with other people.

4 Likes

Hi @Gerri_Baum, welcome to the forum and thanks for reaching out!

It’s currently not possible to share a Section within a project. If you have a group of tasks that need to be shared with your team members, I recommend you adding them as collaborators to each task or creating a project (it can have the name of your section) and add your tasks to this project, then you’ll be able to share your project and its tasks with all the members.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks for the quick reply Emily. I think that I’ll keep everything in one project so that I can keep it simple. However, if you’re able, perhaps you can pass along my suggestion that Asana make it possible to share sections (as they do tasks) at some point in time.

8 Likes

Agreeing with Gerri! This would be tremendously helpful, to be able to share a Section (along with the tasks under the section) with specific collaborators. We have one project with multiple Sections. And we can’t allow all collaborators access to the whole project due to confidentiality. So, allowing specific section access would really help! Please consider submitting as a ticket to be added as a function. Thank you!

9 Likes

@anon210930 and @Gerri_Baum I wanted to point out that if you are on a business license you have access to the Custom Rule Builder. With this feature you are able to add specific collaborators to any task that is added to a specific section!

Read more about Rules here: Using Rules in Asana | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide

@LEGGO How were you configuring the rules to only allow the collaborators to view a specific Section while keeping the other Sections in the project restricted?

@anon84363171 this would assume the collaborators are not project or team members which then they would only be able to see the tasks they are a collaborator on.

I feel it would be really helpful if this feature is made available. Thanks

3 Likes

@Emily_Roman is there a feature request open for this? I would add a vote to it

3 Likes

Please develop this feature

come on Emily. Make it happen

Has this been added yet? Would be so helpful!

This seems to be such an obvious and basic feature. Would love to have it please!

Hi everyone - is this an updated feature yet? I want to only share a section of a project with outside grant writing executors, with whom do NOT need to see the whole project and tasks, only what they need to assist with in grant funding. Is there a work around if this is not available yet? @Emily_Roman

1 Like

Here in 2024 to also request this as an update! It came up very recently in a few projects I’m working on and it would be extremely helpful. Please implement!