Set START DATE from form entry

I am also interested in using Asana to track PTO requests. Adding a date range would be very helpful to minimize the amount of manual updates required. We are newer to Asana, so the less manual work required is crucial to getting team members on board to use Asana on a daily basis. Hoping this is something that we can see implemented soon!

I’m trying to do the same thing and still have not found an automated way to do this (go away Flowsana).

Also, I’m pretty sure that if they ever roll this out, it will be in their top tier, as many other basic things… It’s getting old.

I agree with everyone else. This would be a great feature.

+1 for this feature

+1 for this feature. We desperately need the ability to submit a date range in a form.

+1 for this feature! Definitely in need for PTO & travel tracking.

+1 for this feature - it should belongs to the basic features!

outrageous this still does not exist! +1 please!

So many basic fixes that need to be done to Asana, but it seems like their focus is on creating complex tools when the base is not even covered!..

ASANA PLEASE FOCUS ON THE BASICS. For example a “download all attachments” option, I can’t believe this still doesn’t exist either. It’s been years!

1 Like

YES PLEASE! This feature would be so helpful!

@Rebecca_McGrath any updates on this?

+1 for this feature to have a date range in the form

+1. Seems kind of outrageous to pay for another integration for some very basic functionality that is already done with the base product.

1 Like

I would love if I could have date fields in my forms connect to the Start Date, not just the Due Date, for a task.

For example: I have a request form for one of my projects that asks submitters for a proposed due date. I would love to have a second field in the form that asks submitters for a proposed start date as well, which could flow to the optional Start date component of the Due date. Right now, you can only connect to the due date, which means I have to manually create the Start Date.

Alternatively, if there was some way to have a rule that grabs the Creation Date of the task (i.e. form submission date) and sets that as the Start Date, that would also address my specific use case, but I still think being able to have form fields connect to Start Date would be helpful!

Great news! We have just rolled out a new range option for forms date field, so you can now require a start and a due date, and connect these fields to a start and due date in Asana :heart_eyes:

Please note this update is rolling out gradually but should become available to everyone by the end of the week :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.