Set due dates for tasks made of templates

We use templates for tasks in our team for different situations. Usually we need to be some task done until a few days from the date task is created. We have big structure of tasks in one template and it takes some time to set due dates when the template tasks are created. We really appreciate to have posibility to set due dates according to date of creation (e.g. set due date in 7 days from creation; task will be created on 1st so due date will be set on 8th automatically. Are you planning to integrate this function?

Thank you

6 Likes

Hey there @Jan_Mejsnar,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feature request! I can totally understand how helpful it would to set due dates according to the date of creation.

While we don’t have any information to share regarding your inquiry, this feature request is definitely on our radar.

Thanks again for your feedback!

This is a HUGE feature missing. While the template feature is great if you can not set auto due dates you leave it open to many possible things going wrong, and things getting missed. Ultimately defeating the main purpose of a template where a company owner can require certain tasks to be completed within a certain timeframe.

3 Likes

100% agree. Auto due dates for templates is a necessity. Assign a start date and tasks should be updated according to the duration they are from that. Any updates on this since the last post?

Add another one to the list

Would love that too! We’re hacking our way around that with some zapier integrations but it would be awesome if these were baked in features.

This just made the choice for me. Without being able to set a due date and have tasks back up from that, I cannot use Asana without adding a lot of manual steps. I regret this because I was enjoying the free trial of asana. I’m going to go look for other options.

1 Like

Actually, this feature has been available for several years (this thread is 6 years old and was in the wrong category so it wasn’t updated earlier but I’m rectifying it now.

Here’s help in task templates and setting relative due dates (to date of task creation) in them:

Welcome, @Kathleen_Lucas. Your case may be slightly different and covered by Project Templates:

For project templates, you can back off dates from the end date of the project, or project dates forward from the start date of the project, your choice.

Thanks,

Larry

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.