Set different background colors to help differentiate different domains

Hello,
I am using the Asana app on my windows computer and find it has been helpful in other applications to be able to set different background colors to represent different instances of the tool. I would like to see a way to set a color difference in different instances of asana based on what domain I am logged into. It does not need to be the entire background it could just be the left sidebar.

HI @Joachim_Weyl1 Look in your settings.

1 Like

Thank you Getz_Pro. That would be a good possibility if they worked but when I select any of those backgrounds nothing happens. Not to mention that would be set for the profile level which would not help with the domain level if I understand how these are supposed to work properly. I would love to know how to make the background feature work at a profile level as well but I think that is a separate issue from the issue brought up in this request.

@Joachim_Weyl1,

Until Asana provides your feature request, you could consider using this workaround which I’ve suggested before. Note that what you call “domain” I’m calling “org/workspace” here:

On the separate other topic about the background not showing: I think it shows in certain views (Focus mode, Board view) but not others (List view) if I recall.

Hope that helps,

Larry

1 Like

Thank you that is a good idea. I will try that out.
I still hope Asana sees this and creates this feature :slight_smile:

As for the background under profile, I changed it to 3 different options and tried all the views and don’t get a different background. No big deal I don’t need a pretty background. I am more interested in usability for background color anyways.

Have a wonderful day! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks, @Joachim_Weyl1!

Odd! I just tried it and do see the background in a project’s Board view. You could report to support@asana.com.

1 Like

I always have a different Chrome profile set up for each instance of Asana and have that profile a different color. On a Mac, I also have these on different desktops so I just scroll between them as needed.

Also, you can log into different accounts and use the Chrome groups and have the group tab color different.

Please note that the Background only appears in Board and Messages View and nowhere else. So people often think it isn’t working.

why do i not even see an option to change my background image? it’s all white cards on very light gray background and it’s hard for me to see the difference (low vision user).

I can not change the background in the “board” view today… Very frustrating to only have a dark or light mode and the backgrounds that show to be available, do not work. Please do something about that. Thank you.

@Lana_Miller,

I just confirmed this is working for me.

Try these troubleshooting steps, then email support@asana.com for help with this; I’m just a volunteer here.

Thanks,

Larry

Hello Larry,

Thank you for your email.

I am on a work computer so I do not know exactly what I should or should not do in relation to Asana and some of the steps you asked me to check on the link you sent.

Thank you for your willingness to help.

You can try emailing support@asana.com after trying any of the troubleshooting steps that you’re able to.

Thanks,

Larry

Yes, thank you, Larry. I did that and I got a message “This inbox is no longer monitored. You can now reach us by navigating to the Asana Support Help Center (https://asana.com/support) and clicking on the chat icon in the bottom right corner.

We have recently made some changes to how you can reach us to enhance our support services. If you have any questions or feedback about these changes, please let us know!”

It must be an automated help system… could not get the exact info that would help. I tried a couple of things but I am not very knowledgeable in some of these things… wish a real person could help. Lol.

This is new; thanks for reporting this, which I just confirmed myself (to be extra sure, since this email address has been in use for years and we had no advance notice about the change).

Please report your problem by going to Report a Bug then clicking the New Topic button at the right and following the instructions.

/cc @Forum-team, @ambforumleader @pforumleader

Thanks,

Larry

1 Like

Hello again, Larry.

Thanks so much for all your help. I will do as you advised.

I just wish I had someone to help me today… I will do what I can.

Hello @lpb, this is expected, the best way to reach support is to follow these steps: How to contact our Support Team ✉

1 Like

@Lana_Miller:

Apparently there was a bug that has been fixed, so try again now:

Larry

I experienced the same thing. as of now, background image still doesn’t show in board view, messages, etc. Tried on both app and chrome.

Hello Larry,

Only the “default” and “Aqua” backgrounds seem to work… Definitely the “default” background…

All the other ones do not seem to work.

Not sure what else to do… Not techy enough and knowledgeable enough with asana.