Changing background color of list view

Hey,
I am new to Asana and I’d like to know how can I change the background color of my list view? I kinda don’t like that white color in the background.

Thanks!

Hi @Shay_H,

You can change your Asana background within your profile settings following these steps. But if you’re referring to the task list itself, it is not possible at this time! Hopefully this is something we can look into a future update!

2 Likes

I’m using both Asana and Trello for a couple of days to decide which to go with. My partner prefers Asana as she likes to work with list views. But honestly, the deal killer for me with Asana may be the lack of just a plain, colored background option. As someone who is very visual, the board is fantastic, but white on white leaves me in a muddle. And a background picture is totally distracting.

In an ideal world, yes, every project would be able to have its own color/picture, which I recognize would mean writing new code. But could Asana just add some solid color options to the background options you already have? It would make all the difference in the world! Thx!

18 Likes

Click on your avatar at the top right corner > My Profile Settings > Display > Default

This is such a no-brainer! Surely someone could implement this today?

4 Likes

Maybe too late. Try switching to dark mode. It will be a dark background. I wish trello had a list view. I like asana for that reason. My partner is now using airtable but seems a bit more complicated for just keeping list of my to do things and such. Google keep is too basic. Never the perfect program :smiley:

Any chance there has been progress here @Asana team? I agree, the photo is distracting. The ability to pick a color would be huge! Thank you!!

1 Like

Has there has been progress here @Asana team?

The ability to pick a color would help immensely. I’m sticking with the free version until this is a thing.

2 Likes

wondering about the same…

Seems to me that the dev team at Asana as a long list of priority and this is not of them.

I have worked for years with Trello, Monday, etc… and there is a reason why it is so colorful, it is the categorization management of tasks. You can also use color/task to ID the concerned department, entity, product type, etc…

Colors are fundamentals in big project size to have immediate vision and focus on what are your tasks.

Hope they will sort it out, because in terms of coding this is not a big deal. It can be deployed in the next version… may be? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Are there any Chrome extensions or Firefox Add-Ons that would help with the visualization? I love Asana, but I would like to have color codings and more backgrounds.

2 Likes

Alas, this is a deal breaker for me. I’m heading back to Trello.

This will certainly be useful. The white background can sometimes be too bright. More so, it would be delightful when viewing the list or boards, each list/board had a contracting color than the background.

1 Like