Set a reminder to tasks

Stacking Follow up tasks is not elegant, this would be much better.
Set date and time when notification shloud occur in inbox would be really nice.

2 Likes

@Eric_Graham @Charles5 @KarenV @Nicole_Small @anon16058532

This may be a bit late, but tagging you in case you still need reminders :slight_smile:

I have been wanting reminders for a while now too - so I went ahead and built an integration for it. Itā€™s been really useful for me to quickly type ā€œr Thursday 9amā€ on a task and get a reminder email. Maybe it could be useful for you, too? Itā€™s in beta now, if youā€™d like to give it a try.

1 Like

this is cool, thanks @anon7988159! is it possible to type ā€œr 3 days before Due Dateā€? well done!

1 Like

Not yet - but definitely possible! Iā€™ll add that to the feature requests :+1:

Iā€™d like to see a feature like this for Kanban boards: to use Rules to send a notification automatically, based on how long a card has been sitting in one column. (i.e. if card has not moved in x-days, notify person-x)

3 Likes

Asana seems dead set against creating your own reminder notifications at a set time ā€” both email and push notifications. I donā€™t understand this position since it would be optional to use but I doubt we will ever get reminders. Meanwhile, am I the only one who finds the Inbox useless? It seems to contain everything so I may as well just look at projects. The Inbox could be useful if I could see only reminders for my upcoming and overdue tasks and turn off all other activity.

5 Likes

Hi! Wouldnā€™t it be a good idea to be able to set reminders for task in Asana? I know that normally it doesnā€™t work like this, but it would ve very helpful. EXAMPLE: Lets say I need to pick up some new prints for a client today, I would creat a task that says: pick up prints. But what if i would like a reminder at 10 am? because i know that at that time I will probably be out doing other stuff and it would be great if asana can help me by allowing me to create a reminder for the task at a time that I choose, or even a reminder of an important task set to the day before. I wouldnā€™t have to use two apps to organize my work, and it would simplify things.

3 Likes

I second the recommendation to be able to set a notification based on how long a task has been in a certain column of the Kanban board. This would be a huge asset as we track how customers are moving through a set of tasks/stages in their journey.

1 Like

Hi folks,

Iā€™m delighted to announce that we launched new rules triggers for tasks with a due date approaching or overdue. You can now use these triggers to add a reminder comment to your tasks or adjust due dates. More info in this public announcement ā†’ New triggers for Rules: ā€œDue date is approachingā€ and ā€œTask is Overdueā€

2 Likes