Seeing and using Forms on Projects in iOS app

I can’t see or use forms that are apart of Projects on the iOS app. How can this be added since so much of my work is happening on mobile device?

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback @anon66149261! As it stands, it’s not possible to create or manage forms on mobile. If you want to submit forms, you can try this workaround:

I hope this helps! :slight_smile: I’ll keep you updated as soon as we have any news about this feature.

Hi, when I added the forms link to my favorites, it took me strait to the “Open Asana” page. Is there an update on this work around?

Hey Guys + @Emily_Roman!

Will this feature be available on iOS quite soon? It is an important feature for us and decision criterion to choose asana.

thx!

3 Likes

2 years later, we STILL can’t do this in iOS? Is there anyone working on Asana development? Or are they just drifting hoping to one day find the funds to hire developers?

3 Likes

Hi @Emily_Roman!

I was wondering if this has been given any thought. I can’t imagine that adding a form to the mobile app would be that complicated, especially if it simply redirects you to your browser. I would like employees who use the app exclusively to be able to access the form through it without having to use workarounds.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

1 Like

Hi @Esteban_Giannini, thanks for sharing your feedback with us! We don’t have immediate plans to add the form settings in projects on mobile. However, you can quickly see and submit a form if it’s linked to a task or project description. We will make sure to circle back on this thread once we have any news!

Thank you for the update!

I spent 20 minutes with one of our sales guys just this afternoon trying to help him find a form in the app, that I can see in the home screen widget, and even add to my “Starred” section on the left nav menu. I don’t use the mobile app because I work at a computer all day. He doesn’t use the desktop app because he’s on the road and at customer sites all day.

Generally the people who need to use a form are the ones working from mobile, NOT the people in front of a computer. (Obviously this isn’t exclusively true; even the form I’m referencing is used by both desktop and mobile users). It’s challenging that the desktop app and mobile app don’t have similar navigation or functionality.

Why do mobile users have to have a workaround for something that desktop app users can do natively? It doesn’t seem like anyone’s asking to edit or manage forms from mobile; we simply want mobile users to be able to see and populate a form straight from the app, even if it does redirect to their system browser!

2 Likes