See "last updated" at a glance within the project list view

Long-term projects (ie those that have a due date a ways from initial creation of the task or project) may not be updated daily weekly or even monthly. For those team members with many active tasks, it would be helpful to have an option for a column in the project list view that provides the “last updated” or “last comment date” so we can ensure that those longer-term tasks that may not have concrete shorter term sub-tasks within them, provide a subtle reminder to review them from time to time. Currently, when filtering tasks by due date, the more recent tasks are listed at the top which is great but some of the later due dates also have components within them that should and can be addressed regularly and the sub-task option can be cumbersome for some to use and for the nature of some projects.

Hi @Tiara_Carlington, thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

As a workaround, you can try running an advanced search report by tasks modified within a specific timeframe. You can select within the last 1 month for example and see if tasks have been modified during that time in that project:

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I can try this. Thank you!

2 Likes

Its still not solved for default sort order options/drop down?

Its realy not possible right now? So many customer, so many options and so many years of development… but this basics of everybody daily process is still missing? Wow!
So lets say we have all the positive benefits of your software… but is it, if you are not able to handle it because if you have 10 or more you will lose every overview of your tickets. And if you have not only one board, for example you have 5 boards, you will waste your time to manage projects with asana. Because how you will manage the tickets? Project manager will start his day to check “what is new” and right now there is no option to see this with some clicks. So they need to open every board and every ticket one by one. Its feeling like working with no project management. Sorry i have to say this. This is dramatic. We will migrate this week all our projects/boards to another software back, because there is no project manager in the space they will handle his boards in this flow. Every person in my company told me: its nice, but sorry, we have no time to check every ticket one by one to know what tickets are updated…

And i cant belive it will be okay for any other asana project manager?!

@Thomas_83

Following Emily’s reply as above, and I just found you can “save” a searching setting.

So I had created an advanced search with the setting below :

• Advanced search → Assigned to “me”
  • Advanced search → add filter → Date → Modified date → “within 7 days”

then save the search setting of name “My task, updated within 7 days”, then now I am able to find the most updated tasks within 7 days of my tasks by one mouse click. It does not fully meet your requirement and just for your reference.

1 Like

Hi everyone!

I’m happy to announce we are launching the new Metadata Fields! Going forward, you will be able to add the following fields to the project list view by toggling them on from the Customize Menu:

• Created on
  • Created by
  • Completed on
  • Last modified on

This means you can now easily see when a task was last modified in your project List view! :tada:

Thanks for all the feedback you shared about this feature! If you have any questions, please reach out via our #tips category!

1 Like

Hi there!

just a quick note to let you know Metadata fields are now supported on mobile both for projects and My Tasks. We hope you enjoy this latest addition and we look forward to hearing your feedback :slightly_smiling_face: