Sections not showing on Microsoft Teams integration

I’m using the microsoft teams integration but when i look at the project in Teams, it shows the sections as tasks, so there’s no organisation.

Example here, ‘out of sow’ is a section, not a task

The section underlying data model is being changed, and maybe the Microsoft Teams integration is not up-to-date. @Joe_Trollo any idea?

It’s very difficult to work with now, it’s just a big list of unordered tasks.

I know that the Teams integration is owned by Microsoft; Asana doesn’t have access to it to update it. I believe that Asana people were trying to get Microsoft to make some updates to it, but I have no idea what the status of those efforts is.

Hi @Dan_Thomas ,

Thanks for raising this. As @Bastien_Siebman suggested, this is indeed due to underlying changes in how we represent sections in Asana. The MSFT Teams integration displays sections based on whether the task ends in a colon which is old behavior.

Our team is currently working on upgrading the Asana tab in MSFT teams to render sections correctly and support list views of board projects.

3 Likes

Workaround- Based on @TonyC and @Phil_Seeman’s discoveries, it looks like if we go back into Asana and add a “colon” to the section, MS Teams will then re-group the tasks into sections when the tab is refreshed.

3 Likes

Hi there everyone, I’m happy to report (yet sad this took so long) that we’ve pushed an update that supports new sections and board projects. Let us know if you spot any issues!

2 Likes