Section mover included in quick-add task on Android

When creating a new task in the Asana app, it would be great to be able to assign the task to a section within the project right in the New Task window. That way, there’s no need to close the task, reopen it and select the section. Thanks for considering this.

Hi @jean-guy, thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback!

Could you please confirm if you are referring to the mobile or desktop app? If mobile, is it Android or iOS you’re working with? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @jean-guy

Thanks for sharing this feedback.
I use the ios app and I am able to select the section the task should go into the project, right from the new task window. There is a small arrow next to the project name and if you tap it, a list of all sections within your project will appear and you can scroll and select the correct section. I attached a screen shot.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Thanks. I am refering to the Android app. The user can choose the project, but the sections dropdown does not appear.

2 Likes

I have not used the android app, apologies I cannot assist any further on this.
@Rebecca_McGrath Any ideas on how we can assist with this request?

many thanks!

1 Like

Hi @jean-guy, thanks for jumping in here @Rashad_Issa!

Our Product team has confirmed that they have not yet planned to build a Section mover into the Android app, it is in the iOS app.

I’ll keep you posted if this changes in the future but this is not currently the plan. :slight_smile:

1 Like