Search tasks with a specific custom field value

I already found that topic before but it’s different. As far as I understand it @Demetris_Roumbas asks
for the dropdown to be searchable when you’re setting the value. My request is to easily search values which are already set to the task especially for text custom fields where you can put arbitrary content.

Make custom fields searchable

@Marie can you please split the topics?

Hi @Matthias_M and thanks for reaching out. As requested, I’ve split your comment and created a brand new thread.

If I get you right, you’d like to be able to search for tasks containing a custom field with a specific value, correct?

You can actually already do this with the Advanced Search. Take a look at the screenshot below, I have created a test text custom field and was able to pull out all the tasks with “abc” for this field. Is that what you’re looking to achieve?

Hi @Marie,

thanks for splitting.

Yes I know that this explicit search will work as I already wrote:

we store important structured data (such as an order ID) in custom fields, so that they are more visible and can also be accessed by the API.
Unfortunately, we can only search the contents of these custom fields very laboriously. Neither the normal nor the advanced search find the content of the custom fields. Only if you explicitly set the advanced search filters you will find the corresponding tasks.

It would be very useful to make the content of the custom fields accessible via the not explicitly set search or at least to make the custom fields configurable so that they are easily searchable, with one click on the search and not 7 clicks to setup the advanced filters.

The Problem with that workflow is that it takes a lot of clicks and so a lot of time. Why does the search not find all of them by default without needing to set that filter?

Regards
Matthias