search in custom fields for tasks

I am interested in being able to search within custom fields for tasks. I know it is possible but it is awkward to drill down and search for a specific custom field and then put in the keyword. Is it possible to enable searching of all custom fields in addition to task names, descriptions, and messages?

Hi @Jeremy_Levy, thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback!

When running an Advanced Search, you can search a keyword and add a filter for a custom field as seen in my screenshot below. Is this what you were hoping to achieve? If not, could you please provide some more detail? :slight_smile:

Looking forward to hearing back from you :slight_smile:

Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for your response. I think I am looking for search option that will search all custom fields, not just one that I manually type. We are using asana (in part) as an inventory system (called “AoT” or Asana of Things), and we want to search custom fields like “Barcode”, “Manufacturer”, “keywords” etc whose values are not in the task name or description. I like to have “Search” succeed without having to dive into the Advanced menu. I guess I was hoping that “All” would include not only tasks but their custom field values. Maybe this just a feature request….

Thanks again,

Jeremy