Search Results that show all changes to a project during a specific time range

I use Asana with my clients. I love using an Asana project as the agenda for my weekly meetings. The only deficiency I’ve found in this method is meeting minutes are nearly impossible to create unless I do double work on the project and take handwritten notes while in the meeting. My stand-ups are 30 minutes, fast-paced, and give me little time to do more than make changes and add notes to the task in the project we are reviewing during that meeting.

I would love to have query results that provide all the changes made in a project from a beginning time and end time chronologically so I can recreate the meeting minutes from that meeting.

So within a specific project and for each project task modified I would want to know what was changed:

• column/section change
  • custom fields modified
  • comments added
  • status changes

basically anything that is modified in that project would be on this chronological list. From that, I could create a meetings minutes file that could be then submitted to the attendees. It would need to be cleaned up, but if I had all that detail from a fast-moving meeting, I could create something.

Any ideas? Is this a feature worth adding to Asana if it’s not already there?

1 Like

Hi @Tim_Rueb You may be able to do this via the API.

I tend to create a Meeting Notes task, then add general topics in the description and subs for action items. Post meeting, I drag the subs out into the project to be worked on.

1 Like

Thanks @Getz_Pro, nice idea. We (the client and my team) work right on the project tasks while discussing them in the meetings. Attachments are added. Comments are added. Custom fields changed. @mentions for new collaborators added when needed, etc. Very fast-paced 30 minutes as we all have conflicting calendars all the time so some can’t make it. I was thinking some type of chronological recap of what happened in the meeting could help those that couldn’t make it.

1 Like

Hi @Tim_Rueb, thanks for providing this feedback!

While this feature isn’t available right now, hopefully it’s something our Product team can implement in the future.

That said, I’m going to move this post to #productfeedback so folks in the community can upvote it and so our developers can get a better look at the needs of our members :slight_smile:

@Rebecca_McGrath Thanks. Much appreciated!

As an example of how the report might look or could be useful in creating a meeting follow-up email to the team

2 Likes