Search include "with any value" AND "with no value"

I am searching on several custom fields, and I want to include results where those custom fields are any value INCLUDING blank. Currently I don’t see a way to do this.

@Katie_Kendle,

Advanced search > Add filter > Add custom field let’s you then choose either With any value or With no value.

It sounds like you’re asking to search for a custom field either with any value or with no value. But that would be equivalent to not including the custom field in your search; both will result in the same search results.

Are you asking for this because of the side effect of this adding a column for the custom field in search results? I’d appreciate that too, but I think it would be better to make that more clear if that’s the case.

Thanks,

Larry

@lpb yes, exactly. My end goal here is a “report” that would show the contents of several custom fields, whether they are blank or not. I am filtering by one of the fields, but then I just want to see what exists in the others.

1 Like

@Katie_Kendle,

You might want to vote at:

@Rebecca_McGrath, should this be merged with that thread?

Also @Katie_Kendle, check my post near the end of that thread on an Asana2Go solution for you until/if that gets added.

Thanks,

Larry

1 Like

Thanks Larry, I figured this was already requested somewhere, just couldn’t find it.

1 Like