Save weekend as default view in Calendar view

I am testing Asana to see if our business wants to use the basic version (we are a small team). Given that we are open on weekends it is essential to be able to view weekends in the calendar. Given that feedback going back several years from multiple people have requested this, why no update? Having to go into settings and click “show weekend” each time I toggle to the calendar (rather than being able to set a default view including weekends) is inefficient and we will probably end up going with another calendar. This seems like such a simple thing to fix to improve usability, I can’t understand why it continues to be left this way.

4 Likes

Please make the calendar more flexible. It’s quite silly to assume all users work on the same M-F schedule that The Asana team appears to work on (lucky! jk jk). “Weekend Visibility” should be a team, project or calendar level preference, which can be saved as such - not a view option that resets every visit.

8 Likes

I completely agree with this comment. It is very frustrating to have to do this every time, especially when one is working on a weekend.

4 Likes

I want to keep the team level on calendar with weekends when I click on it; just like we can save layout views on project levels. How do I save it on the team level? The drop down is different for some reason.

image001

Thanks!
E

Hi @Erik_Jon_Borgstrom and welcome to the Forum!

There is already an existing thread on this topic in our #productfeedback category so I’ve gonna ahead and merged your post with it to consolidate feedback.

I hope it’s OK. :grinning: Have a great Friday!

2 Likes

I’m with @Erik_Jon_Borgstrom! I would really love it if I could make my team view be the calendar with weekends ON and individually days EXPANDED by default.

2 Likes

Natalia, this is not the same question. This is a question on the project level. I want to know how to save preferences on the team level. Please remove me from this post and keep mine open.

1 Like

Hi. This is still an issue over a year after the issue was acknowledged. Any update?

5 Likes

Still no update? This is an UI issue that needs to be fixed.

2 Likes

You would think that after a year of comments, that this would be fixed. This is one of the main reasons that we are staying with the free version. I wouldn’t want to pay when they have problems updating something so mundane but important.

1 Like

How disappointing to see so many people asking for the same thing and 45 votes but no indication that it was ever fixed. For one of our projects, we want to default ot list view but see all seven days when we go to calendar mode.

Hi @Marie

Is there movement on this? I can’t imagine there being a lot of programming involved. Within the global workforce, there are hundreds of millions who work over the weekends, if not more.

In fact, present business climate suggests that the most successful models empower their teams to work on their own schedules. They encourage productivity over time-commitment.

Isn’t that the point of Asana? Align your roadmap even if your schedules don’t? I almost feel like the weekend view should be the default.

Thank you for bringing up the topic @Bert_Habets

1 Like

We have content calendar and regularly post on weekend, so a default calendar view with weekend:on would be appreciated.

1 Like

Another vote for showing weekends by default on the calendar, please! I am a content publisher and I publish 7 days a week.

3 Likes

Showing all of the days of the month in the default view would be very ideal. I see where it is customizable in individual projects and set as default view, but being able to do that for the entire team is critical. Adding support to the thread and request.

Many of us working remotely are finding we are working more on weekends. The traditional 9-5 job seems to be disappearing. Therefore, why in the Calendar (under teams calendar view), can you not choose to keep “Weekends On” all of the time.

Hi @Kathy_Tobin, thanks for sharing your feedback with us! As it stands, it’s currently not possible to show weekends as default in Calendar view. We already have a thread on this topic so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the main request to consolidate feedback!

Love Asana and it’s amazing, however I am also frustrated with this. My lesser techie colleagues “forget” to click the weekend button and miss jobs. It’s such an easy update, not sure why this isn’t implemented.

For me I have 4 calendars, 1 for each room which are all set to weekends on. Then the staff look at the overview calendar which doesn’t have the option to be weekends by default…

Hi everyone! I’m excited to let you know it’s now possible to save “Weekends On or Off” as your project default layout :tada: You simply need to select the view and then save it as default, see more details in the gif below:

ezgif.com-gif-maker (1)

I’m moving this thread to the #productfeedback:features-launched sub-category but let me know if you have any feedback!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.