Same task and sub-task for multiple projects with differents due time

Hi, I just want to know how to copy a task and sub-task to a differents projects with differents due date. I have used ADD TASK TO ANOTHER PROJECT, it create the task but with the same due date, any one can help me?

HI @Carlos_Rodriguez2 thanks for the question. What you are describing is how to multi-home the task in multiple projects. If the task is updated, the changes are reflected in both projects (since it’s the same task, but listed in two projects). This is not what you want.

One option is to duplicate the task https://asana.com/guide/help/tasks/actions#gl-duplicate-tasks and ensure the due date box is unchecked when duplicating (ensure sub-task box is checked to copy it over). Then, for the duplicated task, just click on the six dots to the left of the task name and drap and drop it into the new project listed in left side panel. You can then enter in a new due date for this duplicated task. Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Thanks, I just and trying to drag and drop, but I cannot, probably I am doing something wrong. I will try again

It’s works. Thank you

1 Like