I don’t know why people a lot smarter than me in data management don’t find the most inexpensive report writer available and teach the community or create for, or create an integration. I knew about Zoho Report Writer vaguely from another brief life with Zoho (not one I would recommend over Asana). So here is what I did and I am not a programmer. (I hired one for Sendana Asana_Example_Report Test.pdf (13.8 KB)
- Created an Advanced Search in Asana.
- Exported to CSV File
- Signed up for the free addition of Zoho Report Writer
- Imported the CSV file
- Customized my report including what columns, grouping etc.
- I left assignments out on purpose for confidentiality.
- I think I can save this template and this advanced report and merely import the CSV file and I can have a clean report.
- The free is limited and I don’t want to pay $50 per month, but I am sure others are out there.
And guess what, I created a pretty clean report along the lines of numerous request for a simple task listing! This just happened to be accounting department I set up for a church. So take a look and let me know what you think.
So some of you guys/gals more talented than me, you have an opportunity, and maybe a commercial one at that. This is only one of many programs that support importing CSV files or access API’s, Maybe better yet, Asana, it would be great to have a report writer on your road map…