Report Dashboards: Allow Shared Users to Edit

Ask:
When adding team members to a Report Dashboard allow the creator to share edit access with the desire teammate

Blocker:
Currently, when sharing a Report Dashboard with a team member you can only give them View Only access. This prevents us from being able to work collaboratively with our teammates when trying to create team wide reporting dashboards.

Impact:
If we were to be able to give edit access managers would be able to share edit access with their teams to allow them to add their own relevant reporting modules to an existing dashboard. By making the experience collaborative for teams we can make a more comprehensive and impactful reporting dashboard.

Thank you for considering my request! This submission is a result of a Support Ticket #368788 if you would like additional context.

17 Likes

Yes yes yes! Upvoting.

3 Likes

Hi @Jesse_Downs, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

Thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback! Hopefully this is something our Product team can implement in the future :rocket: I’ll keep you posted!

2 Likes

+1 - My team could really use this feature for our recurring weekly meetings. Our team rotates hosts each week, so that host would ideally be able to pull relevant reports into a team-owned dashboard.

Perhaps there could be a way to create dashboards by Asana team - so that anyone within that particular team would be able to edit. Permissions could be changed by the dashboard owner though, in case some team members should only have View access. I think this would be really helpful!

4 Likes

Having the ability to create a report for someone and identify them as the dashboard owner would be very helpful as well.

4 Likes

I also have the same recommendation, we need to have Edit access for more than one member of the dashboard

1 Like

Agree! Need this asap please

1 Like

Is there an update on this? We would love this feature.

1 Like

+1

1 Like

When there are updates, Asana comes back and updates the ticket. No message equals no update, might part of the roadmap, we don’t know.

Agreed! This feature would be very helpful!

1 Like

Yes please! My team also needs this feature to collaborate within Dashboards.

1 Like

+1 Yes this is definitely needed within my org. too.

2 Likes

+1 from here

1 Like

+1

1 Like

This would be awesome to implement! Upvoting this feature!

1 Like

This would be super helpful - in my division I am the Project Coordinator and Asana Admin, however some senior members of management would like editable access in Reporting dashboards so they can change/view the information however they want.
Upvoting this.

2 Likes

Unfortunately I just setup multiple dashboards for our functional leads and passed them over so they can maintain them each week only to find out that all they can do is look at them. So now I’m going to have to update them for everyone, which is not sustainable.

Definitely upvoting.
Thanks!

1 Like

Upvoting this! This would extremely helpful to our team members.

The known workaround is to create a “guest” account to create those reports and share credentials among the team members.