Repeating task Last day of month skips one month

Hi,
When you set a repeating task on the last day of the month and you mark it as completed, the next date for the task is 2 months ahead instead of on the next month.

I guess this could be a bug, maybe when the next month is shorter than the current…

Hope you could fix it, because it’s pretty easy to miss the misplaced task date.

Thanks in advance,
Javier

Welcome to the Forum @Javier_Di_Deco_Sampe and thank you for reaching out! :wave:

Can you please share a screenshot on how the recurrence is set up? It would be really helpful to understand the behaviour behind it.

P.S: I’m moving your post to the #tipsandtricks category. I hope you don’t mind.

Looking forward to your reply!

1 Like

I am having the same problem.

Use case:

1. Create task with start/due dates as 5/10/2020 - 5/31/2020
  2. Set task to Repeat on the “Last” day of the month
  3. Complete the task on June 3rd, 2020
  4. Notice: Repeated task is created with new start/due dates as 7/10/2020 - 7/31/2020 (it SKIPPED June)

Now, let’s continue the use case to see if maybe it just doesn’t like 30-day months:

1. Complete the new task on June 3rd, 2020
  2. Notice: Repeated task is created with new start/due dates as 8/10/2020-8/31/2020 (this is expected)
  3. Complete the new task on June 3rd, 2020
  4. Notice: Repeated task is created with new start/due date as 9/9/2020-9/30/2020 (this expected)

Looks like it’s not about the 30-day months (otherwise it would’ve skipped September, as well).

Is this a bug or expected behavior?

1 Like

Hi Natalia,
Sorry for the (very) late reply. I must had missed the notification email back in October.
Now I’ve seen it because of @Dimitri_Hammond response to the thread.

I’m afraid I can’t provide you the details about how I set up the recurrence in October, and now I’m not being able to reproduce the bug.

Maybe Dimitri’s steps give you a hint. Maybe it has something to do with the day on you actually set up the task and its recurrence…

Thanks,
Javier