Monthly Reoccurring Task - Unable to select the 29th or 30th

We have some tasks that are due on the 29th or the 30th of a month. However when I select reoccur monthly and go to select a date, it only allows me to select 28th and then the next option is “last”. The 29th and 30th are skipped! meaning I cannot allocate it to reoccur on say the 29th of each month.

Im trying this in july 2021 so it should be a 31 day month

This is extremely annoying!

Hi @Bilal_Ikram, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

Thank you for providing this feedback. This was an intentional decision made by our Product team as having a task recur on the 29th or 30th of each month wouls cause issues for tasks recurring in February, which only has 28th days.

I have, however, passed your feedback on to our team. I’ll let you know if they make any changes to this in the future :slight_smile:

1 Like

Adding an option for a task to recur on the last day of the month similar to how ClickUp does it would be a great addition. Seems like this would be a much more elegant solution than the current halfway-complete approach that was taken.

2 Likes

Important note: To help us resolve your issue as quickly as possible, please ensure to fill out all the sections below. Do not share any private information such as email addresses or phone numbers - This is a public Forum!

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
To get around Asana not showing tasks in the calendar view that repeat (why not???), I have set up a month’s worth of duplicated tasks which I then set to repeat monthly (meaning when marked complete it appears in the next month.

However the repeat only provides dates 1-28 and ‘last’. This means tasks on the 29th and 30th aren’t replicating themselves. Instead of ‘last’ it would be better to have it 1-31 but dynamically aware of how many days in the next month.

Steps to reproduce:

• Create tasks on 29th and 30th for the month.
  • Set repeat to monthly
  • view the date it selects (“last”)
  • Mark task complete
  • Repeat task now appears on last day of the next month, NOT on the specific date (29th, 30th or 31st)

Browser version:
Using Mac app and browser
Mac version: Version 1.13.0 (1.13.0)
Browse: Version 112.0.5615.137 (Official Build) (arm64)

What version of Asana are you using (Basic/Premium/Business/Enterprise)?

• Premium

Upload screenshots below:
Screen Shot 2023-05-08 at 2.18.10 pm

Screen Shot 2023-05-08 at 2.21.06 pm
Screen Shot 2023-05-08 at 2.21.13 pm

Hi @Blake_Duerden, thank you for sharing your feedback and apologies for the inconvenience here. The reason behind this is that February doesn’t have those days, and this can confuse the system. We already have a thread about this topic in our Feedback Section where you can add your vote, so I’m merging the threads, if you don’t mind!