Recurring Task

Hey, I am getting issue with recurring task, when I marked completed then status changing completed but when same new task generated still status showing completed.

Welcome to the Community Forum @Satyadev_Singh1!

When a recurring task is marked complete, it will duplicate all the information into a new task with a new due date. The interval you’ve set for your task’s recurrence will determine the new due date.

In order to investigate this further, please confirm the following:

• Are you looking for the new task in your My tasks section or a project?
  • If you search by the task’s name, do you see the new incomplete task in your search result?

Looking forward to your reply!

Thanks for reply…
My actual issue is that task is duplicating all information including task status which is already showing completed. I want to duplicate all other information except status.

Thanks for following up on this @Satyadev_Singh1! I see what you mean, when you duplicate a task, it will also duplicate its custom fields.

I’d recommend you creating a “Template task” and add the field except status. Then, you can duplicate your template tasks when needed.

I hope this helps!

Thanks for your solution @Emily_Roman, actually I got your point, for the same I have created template but in exception field status is not showing.
As I am very new for Asana, can you please help me to guide the procedure.

I see what you mean, @Satyadev_Singh1! I’m sorry for the confusion, by status you meant if the task was marked complete or incomplete but not a custom field.

In this case, your template task should always have the option “Mark Complete” :slight_smile: