Recent email security update. How to fix “We couldn’t process your email”

Another Gsuite user. Weird thing is that it’s been working fine for months before today. Did no changes on Gsuite.

3 Likes

I’m a GSuite user too I have been using this non-stop for about 12 months then suddenly today it is not working.

2 Likes

This has changed for us today when we’ve been fine using it for months. Did we receive another update that is preventing the emails from being sent?

1 Like

Same here. We have been using for 2 years on GSuite and suddenly doesn’t work. No aliases being used and no changes on our end

same here!

Well, seems like all good things come to an end! Can’t get tasks created via simple forwarding

Hi, I was experiencing the same problem today (May 1st, 2020) I went to Check MX: Check MX and SPF Records. as another user in this thread suggested (Neal),. There was indeed a problem with our SPF record in our DNS zone. Followed the instructions mentioned in Help prevent spoofing and spam with SPF - Google Workspace Admin Help and it works now.

6 Likes

I’m not following the GSuite option. I have a G-Suite account. There is one email address associated with that account (mine). I only send emails to Asana from that address.

As ubiquitous as Gsuite is, I’m surprised that this isn’t fixed yet.

2 Likes

It seems to have worked for me as well

1 Like

thanks for this! working now

1 Like

Thanks Christian and Neal… I got my hosting company to follow the instructions and it resolved the issue. Thanks very much!

1 Like

This worked brilliantly - thank you!

1 Like

Hi. I have trouble with sending task via email from our company domain. I´d like to send a task to specific project (x+project ID@…) and getting the following error " 511 Sorry, no mailbox here by that name (#5.1.1) (in reply to RCPT TO command)".
The only a way is to send to “My Tasks” x@mail.asana.com.
Any suggestion? Thank you.

Hi There. I’m trying to create new tasks in Asana or reply to an existing task comment via email but I’m getting this error message

“We couldn’t process your email because it was sent from a server that is not authorized to send emails for my domain.com Please contact your email admin to update your domain’s email settings.”

I’m using G Suite for emails.

Neal’s link doesn’t seam to work. You can easily reverse check DNS here reverse dns lookup. No worries, it’s all the same free tool, and it works as it should.

We’re using Office 365 to host our email and we’re experiencing this issue. Has there been a fix identified for O365?

1 Like

Wow. I am having this issue now, 2.5 years later and am NOT using an alias. I am sending from the email addresses associated with my Asana account. The email is signed by my domain. I have zero trouble emailing anybody else or using any other software. But Asana cannot process my emails - one of the major reasons we chose Asana. And I have spent the last 5 days on wild goose chases courtesy of Asana support. It appears that Asana just doesn’t play well with G Suite and they clearly cannot (or will not) figure this out.

4 Likes

Still having this issue here, very frustrating…

Hi @Emmanuelle_Berthon, welcome to the Asana Community Forum and sorry for the trouble here! If you are still experiencing this issue, I recommend you to contact our support so we can investigate further: How to contact our Support Team ✉