Rearrange columns (custom Fields) using drag and drop

I would like to rearrange custom fields as they appear on the project.
At this moment, to rearrange them, I need to click of the header, drop down, select move left or right. Is there a reason why I cannot drag and drop the columns to rearrange? or am I doing something wrong? Thanks folks!

Hi @Rashad_Issa;

You’re not doing anything wrong :slight_smile: Currently, the only way to rearrange columns is via teh drop down menu. It is not possible to use the drag and drop feature, although I’m confident this is something we will develop in the future.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Dina here from the future, still longing for this feature to drag and drop! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey @Dina_Werstak welcome back from the future!! :slight_smile:

Please do up-vote on this thread!

I am not able to re-arrange the columns in my project. I use the drop-down and select move left/right and the columns are not moving. Is it because I’m on the free version?

I am having this same problem!

I am unable to rearrange columns but am on the enterprise version.

I’m not able to re-arrange custom fields either - is this a known bug?

Hi @Audrey_Giroud , welcome to the forum :wave:

This is a very old post, and actually dragging and dropping columns of custom fields (or meta-fields such as assignee, due date etc) is currently possible. But it will not be possible to save these changes if your permission role in the project is set to ‘Commenter’.

Do you see a ‘Comment only’ button in the top right area, next to the profile photos/avatars?
Clicking on it should show you the following instructions:

If you are experiencing something else, please share a screenshot if possible or describe exactly what you are experiencing so I can help you better. :slight_smile:

2 Likes