Columns do not move as directed

Important note: To help us resolve your issue as quickly as possible, please ensure to fill out all the sections below. Do not share any private information such as email addresses or phone numbers - This is a public Forum!

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing: When attempting to move a new column in a project, the column either does not move at all (when I click ‘move left’), or a different column moves to a random place (when I try to drag to sort). I don’t need a resolution, because when I refresh the browser, organizing does work. Mostly wanted to share as an fyi! Thanks!

Steps to reproduce:

• Create new column
  • Try to move it by dragging
  • Try to move it by clicking ‘move left’
  • Refresh browser
  • After refreshing browser, it does work :slight_smile:

Browser version: Chrome

What version of Asana are you using (Basic/Premium/Business/Enterprise)? Business

@Emily_Roman

I hope I’m not reopeing the ticket here by responding; but I just want to say that I’m facing the exact same issue (as well as multiple clients we are working on).

After playing a round with Custom Fields, at some point, they don’t behave as expected and refreshing the browser is needed.

:wink:

Thanks for the heads up! @Arthur_BEGOU the person above has deleted their forum account, so I can’t contact them anymore.

Are you still able to reproduce? If so, can you tell me what browser (+ version) you’re using? If you have a screengrab you can share via DM, I’ll take it too. Thanks

Hi @Marie :wave:

Ok, I think I’ve found the pattern.

The bug happens when I remove a Custom Field from the project.
After that, for certain columns, the drag & drop doesn’t work properly anymore (until page refresh).

Version = Browser / Chrome Windows (last version) - Windows

Please see .gif (heavy size)
chrome-capture-2023-11-12

1 Like

Thanks for the report folks, I’ve filed this bug and will circle back here once I have more info :slight_smile:

I’ve also noticed this the past week or so. It seems to happen when you either add or remove a custom field, and then in List view when you try to move the columns left/right, strange things happen as per @Arthur_BEGOU 's description.

I’m also having this issue. The columns won’t move where I want them to by either dragging or dropping or trying to use the move right or move left options. Sometimes if I leave and come back it will work but if I leave the project none of my changes have saved and my columns are out of order again. Also i’ve tried to hide the due date column and every time I come back it’s no longer hidden?

Hi there! Wanted to share that I am also experiencing this issue as previously described.

Hello there :wave: Quick update to let you know this issue has been fixed by our team :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.