Quick Filter to INCLUDE Subtasks

In a Board or Board View i’d like a Quick Filter for items assigned to me that includes subtasks.

At the moment if i use a Quick Filter for my assigned tasks i only see those where the top level task is assigned to me, but ill have have deliverables in tasks assigned to others and where they have assigned me a Subtask .

The only way to see a Subtask is through advanced search where i dont have a Board view so its difficult to track.

Actually surprised this was overlooked as its a well thought out platform.

2 Likes

Hi @anon17279261, welcome to the Forum!

For the subtasks to appear in your board view and when you filter your tasks, you need to add them to the project.

There is a popular thread in the forum requesting this functionality: Allow to automatically add subtasks to project In case you haven’t yet, I would recommend you to upvote it!

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with! Have a great Tuesday!

Hi Emily

That doesnt resolve the query/issue.

This adds the subtask directly to the board, same outcome as duplicating the task and reassigning to a new person. I actually hope this is an option and i wouldnt use it.

I just want to be able to see subtasks when i filter my board to my tasks. Because leaving off tasks assigned to others that contain subtasks assigned to me is not a true representation of my board. Board view is a lot easier than calendar and lists as well.

Great customer service, great app but for a cloud delivered app engineering seems to be delivering in waterfall.

8 Likes

“…delivering in waterfall.”

This is the most accurate description I’ve seen of the Asana engineering team.

Hi All,

I am also struggling with the same problem. Very often 1 task contains multiple subtasks that needs te be carried out. Also very often those subtasks are carried out by different people. If we “connect” a subtask to a project it wil get messy because you don’t have any overview anymore.

Does someone know if there is a feature reqeust for showing also tasks with subtasks assinged to me? I would realy like this to work!

5 Likes

I absolutely agree. Adding every tast additionally to the board creates a lot of clutter. It would be way better if the filter worked for subtasks. This works on the “my tasks” page, so why not in project boards?

1 Like

Ran into this issue today as well. Surprised it’s not possible a year later…

1 Like

Hi Folks, Any update about this?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.