Quick Filter to INCLUDE Subtasks

In a Board or Board View i’d like a Quick Filter for items assigned to me that includes subtasks.

At the moment if i use a Quick Filter for my assigned tasks i only see those where the top level task is assigned to me, but ill have have deliverables in tasks assigned to others and where they have assigned me a Subtask .

The only way to see a Subtask is through advanced search where i dont have a Board view so its difficult to track.

Actually surprised this was overlooked as its a well thought out platform.

1 Like

Hi @Mitchell_Bezzina, welcome to the Forum!

For the subtasks to appear in your board view and when you filter your tasks, you need to add them to the project.

There is a popular thread in the forum requesting this functionality: Allow to automatically add subtasks to project In case you haven’t yet, I would recommend you to upvote it!

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with! Have a great Tuesday!

Hi Emily

That doesnt resolve the query/issue.

This adds the subtask directly to the board, same outcome as duplicating the task and reassigning to a new person. I actually hope this is an option and i wouldnt use it.

I just want to be able to see subtasks when i filter my board to my tasks. Because leaving off tasks assigned to others that contain subtasks assigned to me is not a true representation of my board. Board view is a lot easier than calendar and lists as well.

Great customer service, great app but for a cloud delivered app engineering seems to be delivering in waterfall.

4 Likes

“…delivering in waterfall.”

This is the most accurate description I’ve seen of the Asana engineering team.

Hi All,

I am also struggling with the same problem. Very often 1 task contains multiple subtasks that needs te be carried out. Also very often those subtasks are carried out by different people. If we “connect” a subtask to a project it wil get messy because you don’t have any overview anymore.

Does someone know if there is a feature reqeust for showing also tasks with subtasks assinged to me? I would realy like this to work!

I absolutely agree. Adding every tast additionally to the board creates a lot of clutter. It would be way better if the filter worked for subtasks. This works on the “my tasks” page, so why not in project boards?

Ran into this issue today as well. Surprised it’s not possible a year later…

Hi Folks, Any update about this?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.