Projects should should be editable to all Portfolio Members once added into a Portfolio

Hello,

I’m hoping the team can clarify something for me. When you add a project to a Portfolio, why do we still need add individuals to a project in order to gain edit access to custom fields on the portfolio level? If you have a portfolio with multiple projects it can be a tedious task adding an individual to every project in order to have proper edit access at the portfolio level. Appreciate the feedback/clarification on this current setting.

Thank you!

Hi,

I believe Asana wanted everyone to be able to see a portfolio without being automatically invited to those projects, which would be a worrying possible gap in security because someone could add a project to the portfolio without realising it gives access to all current and future portfolio members, even if the project is private…

I’ll let Asana provide an official answer :slight_smile:

Hi @anon83799009, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:

While I don’t have a definitive answer on the reasoning for not adding Portfolio users to all projects, I believe Bastien’s theory might be correct here. That said, our Product team are aware of this feedback and are currently testing ways to improve this.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if we have any updates :slight_smile: