Project Template assigned tasks show up in My Tasks automatically

PLEASE solve this for us, Asana!

Also, interestingly, I’ve been working with support to try to solve this problem and the associate I’m working with did not seem aware that this is a problem at all, which is shocking considering the number of responses here.

3 Likes

Hi,
Tasks in Custom Project Templates are never actionable tasks and should therefore not be in My Tasks. Please fix this bug.
Thank you,
Robert

5 Likes

Good to know. Maybe we will try that, but it honestly just created more work instead of productivity–a hallmark of Asana. :smiley:

I am not sure why the CF colors were updated that no one asked for, yet this very glaring defect remains.

Hi @Getz_Pro, thanks for sharing your feedback with us! We are working on improvements for Project Templates and we hope to have news about this soon! Stay tuned for updates in our announcements category!

2 Likes

EXCITED :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Emily_Roman Any news on this?

Any update on this?

When will this be fixed?

Update?
This seems like it would be a pretty simple fix on the backend, right?

All the user community thinks so.

2 Likes

Your team has solved this fix for individual task templates. Really, really, really hoping you can fix this for projects, too!

Hi All,

Question,
When I create a Template and I assign members on its task because the same specific teammembers are doing specific tasks on each and every project. By having them pre-assigned in the Template we save time everytime we create a project from a Template.

Although it is only Template , tasks assigned (in the Template) shows in the “My Tasks” in every user/teammember, without beeing “actual tasks” from an “actual project” yet.

Option 1 - I dont assign anyone in the Template and when I create a Project from a Template then I have to go through the new created project tasks and make assignments which is a nightmare, because each template has more than 200 Tasks/subtasks

Option 2 - I Make all the assignments in the templates and learn to live that my “My Tasks” section will be filled all the time with all the assigned tasks from all the templates Im having.

Any ideas/knowledge/tricks etc from any of you will be very helpful.

Thank you!

Hi @Yannis_Leftakis, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:

We do have an existing thread for this feature request in the #productfeedback category so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the existing one to consolidate feedback.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if I have any updates :slight_smile:

Hello Asana Community :smiley:

We use Asana as the central tool for collaboration - to ensure transparency and Clarity to all our team members.

We noticed that especially task that are assigned within templates gives especially new members a challenge.

We would love to get the tasks that are hosted in Template projects out of the my task list, or at lease special labelled visually and also do not counting them as overdue.

Our current workaround is to use tags and a custom section in the “my task list” labelled “Template tasks” but this is manual work and onboarding effort!

Please update this - to enable more simple Template usage.

Thanks
Tim

Hi @Tim_Jager, thanks for reaching out with this feedback!

We do have an existing thread for this feature request in the #productfeedback category so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the existing one to consolidate feedback.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if I have any updates :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am creating Templates for projects that we create on a regular basis which is time saving because I can duplicate key items like assignees, other projects, sub tasks, dependencies, etc. However the BIG downfall is that these templates show up in the assignees “My Tasks” list and are bogus because they are coming from a template I have created. This adds to another problem. When a User links their “My Tasks” to a Google Calendar all of those bogus template tasks get brought in as well. I would think that Asana would have this resolved (and maybe they do) where once a project is converted to a template that the assignees and all other project options (sub tasks, attachments, other projects, etc.) would not show up in users “my tasks” because it just adds non-work to their task list. I searched this topic and found in 2017 this was an issue I am hoping there is a fix for this by now. PLease advise thank you.

Hi @anon41818727,

There is not an official fix for it, sorry!

There are a number of established workarounds; see item F4 in this post for those:

You can also add your vote for a fix for this issue here:

2 Likes

Thank you :smiley:
I do have not much hope seeing now we are on this since 2017…

2 Likes

I’m on the verge of losing the battle to migrate our entire company (100+ people) to Asana due to this single shortcoming. Tasks in an actual “template” should not show up in the “My Task” section of every user identified in a template. It just creates confusion with the users and requires too much internal communication to keep it straight.

4 Likes