Project Template assigned tasks show up in My Tasks automatically

Same here. Every time I make peace with the limitations of the current implementation of “Templates” I run into a new problem. I feel like templates were just too hacked together. Please separate tasks from projects. There are way too many workarounds for them.

• Have to create a project to make a template. I don’t need this project though. Solution: Archive the project, right?
  • Can’t archive the project because it disappears from “Custom Templates Area”. Hacky workaround: Create a “Templates Team” (I can’t without paying double for the Templates Team account or switching to a business account.
  • I can’t do the above workaround without having to double my annual costs. Fine, I’ll deal with having the project in my work area. Except, now I have these tasks on the “My Tasks” list. Fine, I’ll mark them as complete.
  • Wait a minute! Now that I’ve marked them complete, they’re now missing from the template on future projects!

Asana, please help us on this. If you combined many of the feature requests regarding templates, they’d rank a lot higher. For example, the below list is for roughly the same thing. At the heart of these requests, everyone wants one thing: Templates separated from projects! Almost every complaint I’ve read today about templates would be solved by simply separating templates from projects. A few of the requests I’ve found that would be fixed if we just removed the dependency templates have on a project are right here:

5 Likes