Project Status Update: Complete - Portfolio View

The more I use Portfolio, the more I find few little things that can be tweaked and here is one of them.

I build my portfolio per financial / strategic year. Each portfolio has around 6 to 7 projects. The view of the protfolio is good for the execs and identifies which projects are on track, at risk or completely off track.

All good so far until you get to a project which is actually successfully completed. It is no longer on track, it is achieved. I do not want to remove it from the portfolio as it shows the efforts and contribuition it had made to the strategy.

I have made a workaround it with the priority custom field to mark the project low, medium, high and complete… however, it would be good if the project status update can be marked as complete instad of on track, and that when it does get the ‘complte’ status update, the due dates no longer shows in red, but goes into grey or green.

2 Likes

Hi @Rashad_Issa, thanks for providing this feedback :slight_smile:

I can definitely see how the addition of a “Complete” status could be helpful here! I’ve gone ahead and updated the title slightly just to make your post more discoverable for those hoping to vote for the same feature.

While we don’t have this on our roadmap right now, hopefully it’s something we can see our Product team implement in the future. I’ll keep you posted and let you know if we have any updates! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This has to be the most asked portfolio update from every client I see.

2 Likes

I was just looking for the same status change. Complete would be great!

1 Like

Hi all! Today, I’m excited to announce we just launched the new “Complete” project status so you can track, report, and move work forward by marking finished projects as complete :white_check_mark:

You will be able to complete your project from the Overview tab by clicking the “Set status” dropdown in the project header or the “Update Status” button on the left side navigation. Once the status is updated, you will distinguish completed projects visually when navigating the sidebar, project header, search and Portfolios!

Marking this thread complete :white_check_mark: Have a nice day!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 21 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.