Project Log - Tracking All Project Activities

Hello guys,

I am trying to find a way to track all the activities that happen in a project, from creating the project to the slightest changes such as changing due dates or deleting tasks. I couldn’t find a feature on Asana that generates a project log, and I didn’t find anything in the API that can help me develop such a feature.

Can anyone help me by suggesting a way to do the above?

Cheers!

4 Likes

Welcome to the Forum @Ashraf_El_Jurdi and thank you for reaching out!

As it stands, there isn’t a built feature that records the project log. You could use the Advanced Search tool to create reports to track some of the activities within a project or you could use [Portfolio] feature (https://asana.com/guide/help/premium/portfolios) to track the progression of your project.

There are a few threads in the #productfeedback category regarding this topic. I would encourage you to cast your vote and comment on the ones you you would like to see implemented:

Please let me know if you have any follow-up question Ashraf! Have a nice day!

3 Likes

I would also like to be able to view a change-history log for an entire workspace. Our Use Case is to create a report that tracks all due date changes to all Milestones.

6 Likes

I am also interested in this feature and have added my votes to the other topics shared above.

The report and portfolio features do not provide what we need.

We need to be able to see ALL activities: comments, due date changes, task changes, completions, etc for all tasks per user. But seeing all activities is what is important.

I am also very much interested in this feature.

Is this still not a feature!?!?!??!! Is Asana even considering this? It is so upsetting that this continues to be brought up with no action from Asana. This is BASIC stuff that enables people to work more collaboratively and helps managers know what folks are working on.

1 Like

Surprised this isn’t a feature.

Hi Asana, any updates on being able to see activity for an entire project? thanks

Hi Asana,
This feature would be very interesting indeed.
Any update from your side ?
Thanks,

1 Like