Project level reporting to gsheets?

Hi there - I’m trying to get a portfolio level view that contains all tasks associated to all projects contained in the portfolio into gsheets; however, when I export the portfolio to gsheets, I only get rolled up, high-level info. I want all the details of all the projects in the portfolio export.

Gsheets is not an export option on the project level, this seems like a huge gap. Am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated :slight_smile:

hi,

What kind of details?

Hi @anon35877181, welcome to the Asana Community Forum!

You can currently export projects to CSV and then import this CSV file to a Google Sheets doc to create reports.

The Portfolio export will give you a high-level overview of all projects added to your Portfolio. You can find more details in this article.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other questions!

Portfolios deal with projects at the project level, not the task level, so you can’t expect task-level info there.

Search results view does offer Search view action menu > Export > Sync to Google Sheets but you may need to request this of Support in order to activate it for your account. (Search the forum here for more info on this.) That will allow you to do the sync at the task level. Warning: it truncates at 2000 tasks.

Larry

2 Likes

That is really good to know!

1 Like

Thank you!

This is what I was looking for. I’m going to try this solution over the next few days and see how it goes :slight_smile:

Do you know if the data is real-time/constantly refreshed?

1 Like

You’re welcome, @Tanya_Saracino!

Definitely make your Asana Support request to turn on the feature now since it might take them a little time to activate it for you.

I believe it’s refreshed hourly in the GSheet.

Thanks,

Larry

Hi Bastien - would you happen to know where/how I contact Asana support? I can’t find where to reach out to them. Thank you!

Larry, I thought we were told that this feature was discontinued?

@Phil_Seeman, I can’t recall; maybe you’re right and I forgot; if so, apologies. @Emily_Roman, are you able to let us know about this?

Thanks,

Larry

1 Like

Sure, How to contact our Support Team ✉

@Phil_Seeman @lpb, this is a sunset feature in Asana. While still functional, syncing projects to Google Sheets is an unsupported feature, this means we cannot help with deep troubleshooting issues. For this reason, we recommend exporting to CSV and then converting the file.

3 Likes