Export lists/portfolios/views

Very often I have a need to export a list of tasks or projects for managers within my company who do not have access (nor desire) an Asana account. I see that through an extension, Asana2Go, that I can hack through this however I need to be able to export a portfolio view (the list of projects contained within the portfolio). Does anyone know of a way? If not, that would be helpful and also the ability to natively export lists and views from within Asana without (Asana2Go), would be quite the pleaser.

Have a look at my tool iDO Tools - Improve Asana with our tools and automations and tell me if that could help, maybe with some adjustments.

1 Like

Hey Cody, you should be able to export your Projects and Portfolios to CSV from the drop down menu next to your Projects and Portfolios names. This CSVs don’t translate the look of your projects/portfolios, but they list tasks and projects contains in your projects/portfolios!

@Cody_J_Mathis,

Portfolios: I think you’d be best off using How to Get Started With Asana Portfolios | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide for portfolios. You can have “live” data in one tab and utilize it in many ways in other tabs for reporting; the example makes it clear.

For tasks in a project: Note the export is limited to 2000 rows, and you may need to request this sync to have it appear in your account.

By the way, I’m the creator of Asana2Go; if you have any questions, just DM me here or contact me offline at Contact Trilogi.

Larry

Thanks. This is exactly what I was looking for. I was just looking in the wrong places. :smile:

1 Like