Project Fields not viewable

Howdy, I searched pretty hard to find a solution or similar thread but was unsuccessful. Apologies in advance if one exists.

We have a private project where we create tasks via a template. This template/ task has multiple custom fields which we populate throughout the life of the task. Our issue seems to be that only members of the project can view all the custom fields. We add different members (hiring managers) to each task (some of which we have to invite to asana if they aren’t in already) and they are unable to see the fields that we see.

My guess is something related to the creation of the fields themselves. I did see a few posts on global vs private fields.

Am I on the right track?

Thank you in advance.

Hi @William_Henderson, great question!

Can you please confirm if the custom fields are global (available across your Organisation) or local (project based)?

Looking forward to hearing back from you :slight_smile:

Hi Rebecca, thank you for your reply.

Appears it is project-based and not accessible to our company’s field library. if we are to check that box outlined in the attached photo, would that do the trick?

Thanks for getting back to me, @William_Henderson. I suspect using a global custom field will resolve this! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Rebecca, that did the trick; however, we are facing another issue.

The field that is a clickable link (using the square to the right) if you are a project editor, is not a clickable link when you are not a project editor.

Most of our clientele is high-producing sales folks who aren’t very computer intuitive and many do operate from their mobile devices. I see the mobile link feature is a request that is outstanding on other parts of this forum; however, is there a way to make that field have the visit link option on desktop? Thank you

Hi @William_Henderson, thanks for following up - glad to hear the custom field issue is resolved!

Could you please confirm what type of field you are using for the link? Drop-down, text or number? :slight_smile:

Hi Rebecca, this field with the link is a “Text” field. Thanks

Thanks for getting back to me, @William_Henderson. In this case, I’d suggest reaching out to our Support team to look into this further for you!

Links included in a text type custom field should include the option to open the link in another tab. Our Support team can look into this further for you :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.