Project Details - Additional Fields & Form

Our architectural design team has found the ability to add custom fields to a project that appear on each task to be a great feature and very beneficial.

Another feature that would be helpful is to be able to create custom fields for the project itself, in addition to the Project Name and Description.

For example, our projects always require a project type, client contact info, location, and some other specific factors about the project. If we could add these fields to our template and they appeared in the project details, this would be very beneficial when working through a project.

Currently we store this information in Microsoft OneNote Notebook, which could be eliminated from our workflow with this added feature.

2 Likes

I like this idea as well. I work for an architectural firm and am currently ā€˜shopping aroundā€™ for project management software. Asana is in the top 3 and being able to add additional info to project name/description area would be awesome.

1 Like

It would be great if you could create a custom entry for the project, (i.e. budget, priority, etc), on the project details dialog box. If you could then pull this custom field into the portfolio, it would be an easy way to see additional details about the projects at a portfolio level.
Asana%20Screenshot

If you could also include this at the My Tasks level, it would serve a similar purpose.

2 Likes

Hi @Ryan_Rhodes and thank you for taking time to share this great feedback with us!

I was able to find an existing thread requesting this same feature so Iā€™ve gone ahead and merged your post with it to consolidate feedback. I hope itā€™s OK. Iā€™ve noticed you havenā€™t add your vote so I would suggest to do so by clicking on the ā€œVoteā€ button at the very top of the thread!

Have a great week Ryan! :grinning:

2 Likes

Hi @Natalia ,

there are news for ?

Project Details - Additional Fields & Form

thanks
A.