Custom Fields for Project Overview

Sometimes custom fields at the task level make sense, but often in our case custom fields at the project level make even more sense, since many custom fields would have data that would be different between projects but would be the same for all tasks inside of a project.

On the project overview would love the ability to add custom fields.

This thread touched upon this as well with many collaborators but appears it was recently abruptly closed without a resolution.

1 Like

Custom Fields at the Project level in a Project overview is available with Portfolios. But only if you are at the Business tier or higher.

Darn. Wish I had business but already paying an insane amount per month since I’m on a one member team which Asana bills at 5x the normal rate. So for business would cost 1200 or something a year for 1 user vs the expected 240 that I’d be happy to pay for one user. Glad the feature is there at least. Thanks so much for sharing!

While this feature is available for portfolios I personally would still REALLY like to have it at the project level with the way we have our workspace set up.

We really need the ability to add custom fields without using the portfolio feature as well! It seems odd to me that such a simple feature is not available. It really limits our ability to pull project level reports through the Everhour integration.

Same here, I have Portfolio, but would like to create it at the Project Level and then be also able to roll it up at the Portfolio level without having to manually re enter the info.

We leverage the custom fields within the project & portfolio with our Business version. While it’s great to our reporting, it’s virtually useless in the Project Details for anything beyond a numeric field, or date field because of the inability to widen the columns. I don’t see anything about this referenced in the getting started guide above. Please tell me I am missing something obvious to correct this?