How do I add custom fields to a project?

I have figured out how to add Custom Fields to a task, but I want to add it to a project. I would like each project to be listed by “Stage,” meaning they are Not Started, In Process, Cancelled, or Complete. Where do I go to add this field? I saw a tutorial that said to click the dropdown from next to the project name but I see no option there do to this.

Welcome, @anon8418187,

If you’re on the Asana Business or Enterprise plan, you can create project-level custom fields in Portfolios:

See How to manage custom fields.

Larry

1 Like

Thanks so much for the help. Probably a silly question, but how do I get to the “Projects View”? That section says " From the fields icon in Projects view a drop down menu will give you an option to click on +Add field"

I don’t know how to get to the Projects view.

@anon8418187, That’s not a silly question at all. I didn’t look closely and see the Guide page is way out of date (@Community_Managers) so Projects view is just the List tab in a portfolio, and instead of Add field click Customize in the top right.

Larry

1 Like

Got it. Thank you. Apologize, that begs another question. When I click “Portfolios” on the left, I see this (we have Premium). I am not sure how to see the List view.

Mission control for your projects and teams

Monitor the status of key initiatives and your team’s capacity with Portfolios and Workload. Learn more

Try for free

This is a Business level feature as I mentioned in my initial reply, which is the next higher tier from your Premium level.

If you’re remaining on Premium, you might be interested in consulting help for a workaround that doesn’t require Business and will enable you to have custom fields relating to projects. A little more info is here and you contact me if interested:

Larry

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.