How do I get Custom Fields in my Progress section?

Hello - I have read the article on Custom Fields, but this only seems to show me how to add custom fields into my actually project and relate it to every task.

What I want, and I can see on the Progress article is possible, is to have specific Custom Fields in the Progress section but I can’t work out how to put any custom fields into there?

Welcome to the Community Forum @anon17038006!

I think you are referring to the project status: On Track, At Risk and Off Track. You can s these options when you click access the Progress tab and select “Update status”:

You can currently update your project status selecting one of the options in the drop-down. However, it’s currently not possible to add other options or more custom fields.

I hope this helps!

@anon17038006, The Custom Fields that appear on the Progress tab (as shown in the screenshot at How to track progress on a project in Asana| Product guide • Asana Product Guide) are project-level custom fields. If you have the Business plan you have access to Portfolios and can define these custom fields in Portfolios. To see how, go to How to Get Started With Asana Portfolios | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide and scroll down to “How to manage custom fields.”

Hope that helps,

Larry

4 Likes

Thanks so much!

2 Likes

Thank you @lpb! :raised_hands: I’m still getting used to the new progress tab :sweat_smile:

2 Likes