Hi,
You could for example use a custom field for that:

1 Like

Wow, great feature to model organize-environment :-0
thx Sebastian.

Frank

1 Like

Hi @Frank_H; Michael from Asana here.

While we don’t necessarily have an option to see a Task’s progress, the same way that we have a Project’s progress status available, @Sebastian_Paasch’s recommendation to use Custom fields is the best way to leverage one of our most popular premium features!

If you have any questions as to how to set up your projects with custom fields to denote the status of a Task, feel free to post your questions to the community in this channel!

Hope this helps!

1 Like

so if i’m reading this correctly, the only way to receive updates on task progress is to upgrade to premium? if i @mention someone in the comments on a task, will it email them? so far, i’ve found this product far less useful than i was hoping…

1 Like

Hi, @Summer_Clowers. I think there may be some confusion as to what “task progress” means. Custom fields is one way to see progress on a task. But with the free version, you can still see changes to a task, including when someone completes the task. Those updates appear in your inbox, and if you choose (in Settings), you can get emailed when you get a message in your inbox.

What some have talked about is the concept of a Project Status, where periodically someone adds comments and sets a status indicator (green/yellow/red) for a project as a whole. For a particular task, you can get something similar by adding comments to the task. But the only way you can have that green/yellow/red status indicator for a task is through a custom field.

I hope this helps. And I hope you find Asana useful - I find it very useful in both my professional and personal lives.

3 Likes

Hi Michael_A, i found your explanation here a little bit helpful. However I´ve a furter question. We have a lot projects and in a meeting we would talk about the different projects. May ist would be possible to greate a list over all projects with the Progress Status for an fast overview?

Thx a lot
Daniel

Hi @Daniel_Rosin,
This could be possible but you would need to

• A) Add the progress custom field to all project and;
  • B) Make sure employees get int a routine of updating their status.

Perhaps setting this up in a kick-off meeting to let folks know this is the new convention. Delegate the responsibility so they add this custom field to their projects, then allow a few weeks for folks to build new routines around this process. That way it serves as a more reliable metric to understand where the team is at the task progress level.

Hope this helps!

Hi Michael,
sorry that I´ve to ask, but with the custom field what did you mean? In the progress overview there would be an field that i/we can customize?

Thanks in advance!
Daniel

My apologies for the lack of clarity on this. There is task progress graph within the Status Update tab at the project level. This, however doesn’t account for the progress of work conducted on individual Tasks, prior to their completion. My note above is a workaround for how to view task progress, outside of the status update.

Does this clear things up a bit more?