Private Project and Assigning to Custom Section in My Tasks

I am currently using an Asana premium subscription. We do not have access to many rules.

I have created a private project for myself where I can add my own projects as well as reoccurring meetings with my team. I prefer these tasks to be private so I can take notes and refer back to them as needed. When I assign a reoccurring meeting under my private project, it also listed the reoccurring meeting under My Tasks. Under my tasks, I prefer to sort my view using custom sections. When I assign a reoccurring meeting under my private project, I am able to assignee the reoccuring meeting to me and update the custom section to be listed under the appropriate section under My tasks. When I check off the meeting as completed, a new reoccurring meeting will display under my private project. This is functioning correctly but the custom section defaults to the last custom section I have under My tasks and not the custom section I initially selected. Does anyone know a way to fix this? See attached image.

Thank you!

@Christy_Barrett,

If you are willing to make your Meetings section the last section in your My Tasks, then you can go to Profile image > Settings > Hacks > and toggle on Recurring tasks in the last section of My Tasks:

I believe that’s the only way to do what you’re asking.

May I move this thread to Tips and Tricks from this private section so 500k+ others can benefit too?

Thanks,

Larry

Thank you so much for your reply. I already had this hack checked. It is easy enough to move it to the last section but I prefer my meeting custom section to be up top in My tasks.

Moved to Tips and Tricks. :slight_smile:

Thank you!
Christy

1 Like