Priority sections don't show; neither does incomplete tasks

I have tasks with due dates. Several that are over due.

Yet nothing shows up in my Priority Sections. In fact, Priority Sections don’t show up. In fact, I have no option to choose “Incomplete Tasks” in order to make Priority Sections show up, in order to see the tasks I’ve entered.

What’s my next step?

Hi @Tim_Dawes,
Great question! In order to see your priority sections appear, you must first add a task to a priority section. A bit circular sounding, I know. As you can see in this Asana Guide article on My Tasks, to add tasks to priority sections, you can use the following shortcuts:

Today Tab-Y
Upcoming Tab-U
Later Tab-L

When you do that, the sections will appear. You’ll still be able to use shortcuts to prioritize tasks or drag them between sections.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

2 Likes

The view at the screenshot is a project view. These tasks need to be assigned to you, to appear in your My Tasks view.

You can prioritized them there using the quide provided by @Alexis :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply Alexis. I think I’m misunderstanding you. I don’t have to assign today’s tasks to Today, right. Your engine just looks at my due dates and assigns them, doesn’t it?

What I would really like is a view of all tasks by date so I can decide on which to work on today. I’d like to do that without having to open every project and roll through the tasks. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Tim_Dawes! You’re correct. In My Tasks, tasks due today will automatically be placed in the Today section.

In order to decide what to work on today, I recommend that you stay in My Tasks. All tasks assigned to you will be consolidated in your My Tasks view. My Tasks allows you to see all your work in one place rather than opening every project you’re working on. The key is to make sure the tasks you’re working on are assigned to you, so you can easily reference them in My Tasks.

Please let me know if I can clarify any further :slight_smile:

That did it!

Thanks. I didn’t realize that I was part of my company’s team and my tasks weren’t assigned to me. Once I assigned them to me, they showed up.

thanks for your help Alexis.

2 Likes