Prevent Users from Deleting Tasks

Thanks for your reply Charlie. Asana is a great product, but it seems to lack this very important function (I would not call if feature, as I beleive it is almost essential).
S.

Legit why doesn’t Asana do this? It’s unbelievable that it doesn’t have user permissions in-between NO EDITs (Comment Only) and (FULL ACCESS)…there has to be middle ground here…

1 Like

This is legit the most frustrating part of ASANA…we are actively looking at alternative solutions…wild that a software as mature as ASANA doesnt have more robust user permissions.

1 Like

I’m so glad to have found this discussion. This is a critical feature to productivity and compliance within a company and I first thought of this before deciding on which software to go for. I’m heading a tech startup and would definitely not be using Asana going forward. Its as good as basic email and calendar.

Could the other users who have found another software with this feature included provide recommendations. Thank you in advance

ClickUp can solve this issue for you. That’s been where most folks who want flexibility and rapid iteration have been flocking to.

This would be a really good feature.

Totally baffled this still hasn’t been even properly addressed by Asana, never mind getting resolved - the post has literally been up for over 3 years at this point with about 150 comments from (probably ex) users voicing their concerns over this, no excuse for inaction here.

We’re looking to change our current system and Asana is such a good platform in terms of organisation but the lack of adjustable permissions is a total deal breaker simply because of the liability risk it causes and basically makes the quality of the rest of the platform irrelevant.

I think we can all assume Asana is doing sweet nothing about this, so just wondering if anyone here has any alternative recommendations to Asana from experience?

2 Likes

I’m impressed asana hasn’t worked on this for the past 3 years. We just started using their tool and this feature missing is so basic. Are you guys (Asana) working on it at all?

They have been resolute in never answering questions of that sort.

1 Like

Also looking actively at other platforms because of this major issue and task templates not being able to be globally managed, as well as a litany of other major issues. Data security being topmost.

Also. no user groups either to ease with assigning access to projects in bulk. This just feels like tinkertoys once you deep to depend on the accuracy of the data and the management of the app. They rolled out this admin console a while back and it barely does anything. its painful.

Also looking for solutions

Reading this thread, I did not previously understand that the ‘deleted tasks’ area only shows the items that I deleted. I thought it was a global record of all deleted tasks on the project? (Yes, someone correct me if I have interpreted this wrong).

Very concerning.

1 Like

Theres no global deletion bin. This is a massive issue as well as there being no ability to control who or who cannot delete. Anything can be deleted, including any and all of each task’s “audit trail”.

Asana has ignored this issue entirely. Other competing products all have this ability. It’s a serious concern as if you happen to notice something is deleted or get a notification if you’re a collaborator, then you can email Asana to have it restored but your response from them could take weeks as they are not active at replying to support emails. I’m not sure how even a medium-sized organization uses Asana without deletion permission hierarchy/control.

At the very least, the project owner should see all the items from their project that have been deleted. Similar to a recycle bin, an undo should be available from here too.

Is there a different proper place to submit this as a feature request?

Unfortunately, this is the proper place. As you can see, many things get requested here that are basic features in other tools while Asana users are left twiddling their thumbs.

1 Like

Hi Asana

We are looking to use your software to manage Home Care Teams(seniors and aged) where all the team members can add but not delete anything, only archive if needed so everything put in there stay there and is retrievable.

Hi there

How can i prevent specific people in my Teams or projects from deleting or reassigning tasks.
Im not even receiving email notifications about tasks being deleted.

HELP PLEASE

1 Like

Hi,

Yes indeed you can’t be notified of tasks being deleted. The only way is to give them comment-only permissions. Otherwise just trust them :grimacing:

2 Likes

Hi @Faisal_Nadeem_Sheikh,

While this feature isn’t available at this time, hopefully it’s something our Product team can implement in the future

We do have an existing thread for this feature request in the #productfeedback category so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the existing one to consolidate feedback.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if I have any updates :slight_smile:

has anyone here tried this integration from a company called Unrest - Deleted Task Alerts for Asana
they claim to give you an alert every time someone in your organisation deletes a task…